FULL DAY PRIVATE TOUR IN METEORA FROM ATHENS
ATHENS - MONASTERIES OF METEORA - ATHENS: Our driver will pick you up at 08.00 am from your hotel or from Piraeus port. After you meet, you will start this incredible journey following the road towards Thermopylae. We will visit the “Thermopylae Museum” which is next to the monument of King Leonidas, in the historic Thermopylae, dedicated to the 480 BC battle that changed the course of Greek history, 300 Spartans against Persian Empire. The Centre represents history as an interactive narrative and discourse: In its three exhibition halls multimedia applications offer visitors a virtual trip to the time and battlefields of the Persian Wars, as recounted by the ancient historian Herodotus, while the very battle of Thermopylae comes alive in a digital 3D movie.
Here is the link to review the museum: http://culture.lamia.gr/en/blog/thermopylaes-innovative-centre-historical-information
Afterwards we will visit Meteora, having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro (or similar) which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built.
Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan, (or similar) which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. This monastery rests on the plain rather than on a cliff. It was damaged by the Nazis during World War II who believed it was harboring insurgents and was abandoned. Nuns took it over and reconstructed it, furthermore you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items, at the museum inside the monastery. This wonderful tour will be completed at the picturesque villages of Kalambaka, where you will have a traditional Greek lunch! We will return you back to your hotel at approximately 20.30.
Do you wsih to do 1 day tour to Meteora by train? Click Here
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Monastery of Varlaam or similar
- Monastery of St. Stephan or similar
- Village of Kastraki
- The Monument of King Leonidas
- Thermopylae Museum
- All year, any time that you wish.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card or
- b/ Require more information
** Choose whatever is covinient to you!
- All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and are well knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site, but are not official guides
- But you have the below choice in order to have tour guide during your trip.
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany to you
- You can book to have accompany to you tour leader
- You can book local tour guide in each area
TYPE OF TRANSPORTATION:
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or Opel Vivaro 9 seats
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
PICKUP & DROP OFF:
- We will pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address, If you reach at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
CUSTOMISEZ PRIVATE TOURS:
- Our tours are absolutely private only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to you, also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
DRESS ODE: For visits to the monasteries, and museum ladies are required to wear skirts and gentlemen need to be in long trousers.
Note that, the Monasteries that you are going to visit depend of the date that you will be at the area, please see eblow the working hours and dates.
WORKING HOURS OF THE MONASTERIES
- Monastery of Grand Meteoro
Summer working hours: 9:00-17:00 Tuesday closed
winter working hours: 9:00-16:00 Tuesday closed & Wednesday closed
- Monastery of Varlaam
Summer working hours: 9:00-16:00 Friday Closed
winter working hours: 9:00-15:00 Friday Closed
- Monastery of Holy Trinity
Summer working hours: 9:00-17:00 Thursday closed
winter working hours: 10:00-16:00 Wednesday & Thursday closed
- Monastery of Saint Nicolas
Summer working hours: 9:00-15:30 Friday Closed
winter working hours: 9:00-14:00 Friday Closed
- Monastery of Rousanou
Summer working hours: 9:00-18:00 Wednesday closed
winter working hours: 9:00-14:00 Wednesday closed
- Monastery of Saint Stephen
Summer working hours: 9:00-13:30 & 15:30-17:30 Monday closed
winter working hours: 9:30-13:00 & 15:00-17:00 Monday closed
- Transportation with private car or minivan
- Pick up & Drop of at your hotel
- English Speaking driver
- All expences of our driver (fuel, tolls, etc)
- All taxes
RATES DO NOT INCLUDE :
- Personal expenses & Meals
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites
- Tour Guide
a/ Book the tour online via your credit card or
b/ Require more information
** Choose whatever is covinient to you!