- DAY 1: ATHENS – THERMOPILES - VLATADES MONASTERY OF ST. PAUL - THESSALONIKI: 08.30 pickup from your hotel, we will have our first stop at Thermopiles where there is the statue of Leonidas as a memorial the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. We will arrive at Thessaloniki at about 14.30. Check in at your hotel and free time for yourself. In the afternoon we will visit the Vlatades Monastery that said that Apostle Paul stopped there to drink some water that's why called “Apostle Paul’s Holy Water", Believers from all over the world worship the space of Holy Water and enjoy the magnificent panoramic view to Thermaikos Gulf & Thessaloniki. In the same area there is also the Orthodox Church of St. Paul. At the end we suggest you to taste the delicious Greek cuisine or to walk at the coast line of the city, the second bigger city of Greece! Overnight in Thessaloniki. Proposed hotel Hotel 4* https://www.thecaravan.gr/el/
- DAY 2: THESSALONIKI - NEA FOKEA - FILIPPOI - KAVALA: After breakfast, be met at the hotel and then Explore Thessaloniki, where Paul preached and wrote two epistles during the winters of 49-50 AD to the Ancient Thessalonians. See the ramparts of the city: the triumphal Arch of Galerius, built in 303 AD, at the Via Egnatia. Visits to St. Demetrius Basilica, the St. George church, an ancient Roman monument which was transformed into a church. We leave Thessaloniki to reach at the small town of Nea Fokea, and the ''Agiasma of St. Paul'', that is an underground corridor ends to a chamber where St. Paul was hidden when people of Thessaloniki was running after him. Next visit will be at Filippoi, where St, Paul preached his first evangelical sermon and baptized the first Christians in Europe! Visit the ''Baptismal'' site, where Lydia baptized as the first European woman, and the secret crypt where Paul was prisoned in. Finally, we visit Acropolis of Filippoi, visit the theatre, Basilica and the prison were Apostle Paul and Silas where thrown. Continue into the modern city of Kavala the "ancient Neapolis" where Paul accompanied by Silas, Luke and Timothy, first set foot in Europe, have lunch in the town of Kavala. Overnight in Kavala, Proposed hotel 4* www.egnatiahotel.gr
- DAY 3: KAVALA – VEROIA – VERGINA- METEORA: 08.30 pick you up from your hotel to visit the beautiful town of Veroia at Northwestern Greece. We visit the church of Apostle Paul and the made of marble ''Vima of Apostle Paul'', the place Paul preached to the people of one of his beloved towns for many days. We continue to the Ancient town of Vergina and to the King's tombs, one of them of Alexander the Great father and ex-king, and we finally arrive at Meteora in Kalambaka. Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora). Proposed hotel www.dellasbutiquehotel.com
- DAY 4: METEORA – DELPHI: 09.00 our driver pick you up from your hotel and we will visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora, that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. Having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (Meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan, which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. We leave from Meteora. At about 13.00 we leave from Meteora to reach in Delphi at to make check in at your hotel and then free time for yourself. You can explore the beautiful traditional winter resort in Greece, called Arachova. Overnight in Arachova (near Delphi). Proposed hotel 4* www.ellinonthea.com
- DAY 5: DELPHI – MONASTERY OF SAINT LOUKAS - ATHENS: 09.00 pick you up from your hotel to visit Castalia Spring, visit at the archaeological site and view the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and Delphi museum, with its spectacular exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts. The next visit will be at the wonderful Byzantine Monastery of St. Loukas. The Monastery of Saint Loukas is an 11th century monastery. This monastery is the epitome of the Byzantine architecture while it is also included in the UNESCO World Heritage list. You will have lunch at the traditional taverna, before to return to Athens late in the afternoon. Overnight in Athens. Proposed hotel 4* www.airotel.gr
- DAY 6: CHRISTIAN TOUR IN ATEHNS & ANCIENT CORINTH: We will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 to start the brilliant Christian tour in Athens. We will visit The ancient Agora which was the heart of Athens in antiquity and the meeting point of Saint Paul with the first followers of Christianity in Athens. The next step will be the "Mars Hill", where Apostle Paul proclaimed the word of the Christian God to the Athenian philosophers. The element that caused a shock to some Athenians was the concept of Resurrection, which was a powerful argument in the truth of St Paul's teaching.
We will then reach the coastal district of Palaio Faliro This is the area where St Paul arrived with the escort of Beroes after his departure from Veroia and Thessaloniki. Of course, in combination with our Christian tour we will have a panoramic city tour in Athens (visit the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Parthenon, the Erechtheion with the Patio Patio) and the most important sights of the city, Panathinaikos Stadium, Parliament, Presidential Guards, Athens Trilogy. CHRISTIAN TOUR IN ANCIENT CORINTHOS: In continue driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. We will have the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul, and we will walk at the same paths that Apostle of Nations walked and preached hundreds of years earlier. We will visit the commercial town of Corinth and The Apostolos Pavlos (Apostle Paul) metropolitan church, on the street of the same name, which founded by Apostle Paul around 51-52 AD. Next stop will be at 'Kechrias Port. Around 52 AD, Apostle Paul arrived from Athens to Corinth. He stayed in Corinth for eighteen months, establishing and consolidating the Church of Corinth. Then, from Kechrias port, his next journey began.The duration of teh tour is about 8 hours
- Cyti of Thessaloniki
- Vlatades Monastery in Thessaloniki
- The Crypt of Saint Demetrius
- Nea Fokea – ''Agiasma'' St. Paul
- Filippi – ''Baptismal'' site
- The prison where Apostle Paul and Silas were thrown
- City of Kavala "ancient Neapolis"
- Veria – ''Vima of Apostle Paul''
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Delphi area & museum
- St. Loukas Monastery
- Anient market in Athens
- Acropolis and ''Mars Hill''
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth & Vima of St. Paul in Corinthos
OPERATION DATES: All year, any time that you wish.
DRIVERS: All our drivers speak English cery well and have gigh experience and are well knowleghed for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site, but are not official guides
But you have the below choice in order to have tour guide during your trip.
You can book licensed tour guide accompany to you
You can book to have accompany to you tour leader
You can book local tour guide in each area
TYPE OF TRANSPORTATION:
We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso
From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or Opel Vivaro 9 seats
From 9 to 17 persons w eprovide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airprot/Hotel or Piraesu port
PICKUP & DROP OFF: We will pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address, If you reach at Athens airprot or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you minelar water & Tissues.
ABOUT HOTELS: We provide you 4 star hotels or 3 stars hotel or you can ask for 5* hotels.
Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depend the availability and the time that you will make the booking in any case we will book hotels at the same level.
We can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
CUSTOMISEZ PRIVATE TOURS: Our tours are absolutely private only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modifyed to you
Also note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
THE HOTEL CITY TAX IS:
1,5 euros per room per day for 3-star hotels,
3 euros per room per day for 4-star hotels,
OPENING HOURS & DATES FOR THE SITES:
Winter: Movember 1 to March 31 - 08.30 untill 15.00
Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 untill 19.30
8 euro / person in Ancient Corinth
8 euro / person in Ancient market in Athens
12 euro / person in Vergina
12 euro / person in Delphi & Museum
3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
12 euro / person in Filippoi
4 euro / person in Monastery of Saint loucas
Children under 19 years of age are free of charge
Students from E.U ( ID is required )
Package Rates include :
- Transportation with private car or minivan
- English Speaking driver
- Pick up & Drop of from hotel or specific check points
- 1 Night accommodation in Thessaloniki
- 1 Night accommodation in Kavala
- 1 Night accommodation in Meteora
- 1 Night accommodation in Delphi
- 1 Night accommodation in Athens
- Goody Bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- All Taxes
Package Rates do not include :
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax