- Day 1: ATHENS - THERMOPILES - METEORA - SUNSET TOUR IN METEORA: Our driver will meet you at your hotel at 08.30 (or your specific check point) and go ahead to your excellent Christian tour in Meteora. The presence of many monasteries in such a small space, and the Orthodox spiritual life and performance over time cause the admiration of both visitors and the people around the world! Our first visit during the tour will be at Thermopiles where there is the statue of Leonidas as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. In continue driving through Central Greece, we arrive in Kalambaka, after noon, in a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. After your check in and your rest, we will visit one of “the famous Monastery of Holy Trinity” famous from James Bond movie! The Monastery of the Holy Trinity is on top of the cliffs, and was built in 14th century. Late in the afternoon, you will admire the sunset above the rocks, feeling the unique energy from the wild environment! Overnight Meteora. Proposedhotel Hotel "Dellas Boutique Hotel"
- DAY 2: TOUR AT THE MONASTERIES OF METEORA -LAKE OF PLASTIRA - METEORA: After your breakfast, we visit to Meteora enjoying a unique and most impressive scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. We visit the first great monastery of Varlaam, founded on the 16th century and located on the top of a rock at 380m height! The Monastery of Varlaam is the second largest monastery in the Metéora complex, with the largest number of monks (seven) of the male monasteries. Our second visit will be at the Monastery of St. Stephan, of the 15th century. We depart from Meteora and we reach Lake Plastira which is located in Karditsa regional unit, near the city of Karditsa. Plastira lake is an artificial lake in perfect harmony with nature, embraced by picturesque villages, fir forests and the imposing Agrafa mountain range. You can take breathtaking pictures overlooking the lake, taste authentic local flavours and wines, and explore old monastery of Panagia Pelekiti, which is one of the most impressive attractions in the area. It has two churches, Analipseos and Panagias, both built in 1640. Overnight meteora. Proposed hotel Hotel "Dellas Boutique Hotel"
- Day 3: METEORA - DELPHI - ATHENS: 09.00 pick you up from your hotel to visit the “the Monastery of Grand Meteoro” that it the largest of the monasteries located at Metéora. It was erected in the mid-14th century and was the subject of restoration and embellishment projects in 1483 and 1552. One building serves as the main museum for tourists. We will leave Meteora to reach in Delphi, the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre where could seat more than 5000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ‘’Charioteer’’, one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can have coffee or lunch, at the most famous winter resort in Greece, Arachova (a traditional and at the same time modern small city in an altitude of 1000 meters)! Return to Athens late in the afternoon.
- Thermopiles - Statue of Leonidas
- The Monastery of Holy Trinity
- The Monastery of Varlaam
- the Monastery of St. Stephan
- the Monastery of Grand Meteoro
- Delphi area
- The Museum of Delphi
- Winter village of Arachova ( near Delphi)
- Sunset tour Meteora
- Lake of Plastira
- All year, any time that you wish.
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card or
- b/ Require more information
- All our drivers speak English very well and have high experience and are well knowledge for the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each site, but are not official guides
- But you have the below choice in order to have tour guide during your trip.
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany to you
- You can book to have accompany to you tour leader
- You can book local tour guide in each area
TYPE OF TRANSPORTATION:
- We are owner of car Rental Company www.premiumrentacar.gr with wide fleet of Cars & Minivans that's why we can keep the cost low
- From 1 to 4 person we provide you Mercedes E class or MPV 7 seats Citroen Picasso
- From 5 to 8 persons we provide you Mini Van type Mercedes Vito/Viano or Opel Vivaro 9 seats
- From 9 to 17 persons we provide you Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 18 seats
- We also provide you transfer from/to Athens Airport/Hotel or Piraeus port
Also is a great idea to do the tour with SUV or other type of car with extra supplement
PICKUP & DROP OFF:
- We will pick you up from your hotel in Athens or Air B&B address, If you reach at Athens airport or Piraeus, our representative will be waiting there holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you mineral water & Tissues.
- We provide you 4 star hotels or 3 stars hotel or you can ask for 5* hotels.
- Please note that the hotel in our proposed program may be changed, depend the availability and the time that you will make the booking in any case we will book hotels at the same level.
- We can arrange your accommodation a day before and after your tour.
CUSTOMISEZ PRIVATE TOURS:
- Our tours are absolutely private only for you and not for other passengers. You can add or remove everything from our proposed program in order the tour to be modified to youalso note that we can accommodate from 1 person to 36 persons or more.
- In order to take full advantage of your stay in Greece, we would also like to draw your attention to the importance of taking out an insurance policy in the event of an unexpected happening during your trip. To this effect, we have collaborated with INTERAMERICAN, the largest private insurance company in Greece.
ABOUT FERRY & AIR TICKETS:
- We will provide you FAST FERRY TICKETS in order to spend more time in each Island. Sometimes the ferry route can be changed depend from the shipping company schedule. In any case we will modify the program accordingly. We can provided you AIR TICKETS instead off ferry tickets with extra supplement, just ask us
THE HOTEL CITY TAX IS:
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3-star hotels,
- 3 euros per room per day for 4-star hotels,
WORKING HOURS OF THE MONASTERIES:
Monastery of Grand Meteoro
Summer working hours: 9:00-17:00 Tuesday closed
winter working hours: 9:00-16:00 Tuesday closed & Wednesday closed
Monastery of Varlaam
Summer working hours: 9:00-16:00 Friday Closed
winter working hours: 9:00-15:00 Friday Closed
Monastery of Holy Trinity
Summer working hours: 9:00-17:00 Thursday closed
winter working hours: 10:00-16:00 Wednesday & Thursday closed
Monastery of Saint Nicolas
Summer working hours: 9:00-15:30 Friday Closed
winter working hours: 9:00-14:00 Friday Closed
Monastery of Rousanou
Summer working hours: 9:00-18:00 Wednesday closed
winter working hours: 9:00-14:00 Wednesday closed
Monastery of Saint Stephen
Summer working hours: 9:00-13:30 & 15:30-17:30 Monday closed
winter working hours: 9:30-13:00 & 15:00-17:00 Monday closed
12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
Children under 19 years of age are free of charge
Students from E.U ( ID is required )
Rates include :
- English Speaking driver
- Transportation with Private car or minivan
- Pickup & Drop off from/to major hotel or specific check points
- 2 Night's accommodation in Meteora
- Breakfast Daily
- Goody Bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- All taxes
Rates do not include :
- Entrance fees at the Monasteries
- Personal expenses, Meals
- Tour Guide
- Hotel City Tax
- a/ Book the tour online via your credit card or
- b/ Require more information