CHRISTIAN TOUR IN ATHENS & ANCIENT CORINTH.
- We will pick you up from your hotel at 09.00 to start the brilliant Christian tour in Athens. We will visit The ancient Agora which was the heart of Athens in antiquity and the meeting point of Saint Paul with the first followers of Christianity in Athens. The next step will be the "Mars Hill", where Apostle Paul proclaimed the word of the Christian God to the Athenian philosophers. The element that caused a shock to some Athenians was the concept of Resurrection, which was a powerful argument in the truth of St Paul's teaching.
We will then reach the coastal district of Palaio Faliro This is the area where St Paul arrived with the escort of Beroes after his departure from Veroia and Thessaloniki. So, after the episodes caused by the Jewish population in Thessalonica and after a 45-day southward voyage he disembarked at the port of Palaio Faliro. Nowadays in the same place stands St. George's church. Of course, in combination with our Christian tour we will have a panoramic city tour in Athens (visit the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Parthenon, the Erechtheion with the Patio Patio) and the most important sights of the city, Panathinaikos Stadium, Parliament, Presidential Guards, Athens Trilogy.
- CHRISTIAN TOUR IN CORINTHOS: In continue driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities of Saint Paul. We will have the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul or Galionas, a large elevated rostrum standing prominently in the centre of the Roman Forum of ancient Corinth and from where the city’s officials addressed the public (probably because of the monument’s connection to Saint Paul, the Bema was transformed into a Christian church during the Byzantine period), and we will walk at the same paths that Apostle of Nations walked and preached hundreds of years earlier.
- The next stop of the tour is the commercial town of Corinth where we will visit the Church of Corinth founded by Apostle Paul around 51-52 AD . Apostle Paul is also the patron of Corinth. In korinthos St. Paul met Akyla and Priscilla, a male and female Jews who were also stage directors. In Corinth Pavlos remained for one and a half years near Akyla and Priscilla
- Next stop will be at 'Kechrias Port. Around 52 AD, Apostle Paul arrived from Athens to Corinth. He stayed in Corinth for eighteen months, establishing and consolidating the Church of Corinth. Then, from Kechrias port, his next journey began. Next station is Ephesos and final destination Syria. It is said that In Kehreas he shaved his head because he had a vow. With great emotion he parted with his brothers in Christ of Corinth, who accompanied him to the port of Kenchreon. At the end of the tour we drop you off at your hotel. The duration of the tour is about 8 hours.
- Ancient Agora in Athens
- Mars Hill
- Panoramic City tour in Athens
- Coastal district of Palaio Faliro
- Canal of Korinthos
- Vema in Korinthos & Ancient Agora
- Commercial town of Korinthos
- Church of Corinth founded by Apostle Paul
- Kechriaes Port in Korinthos
**All our drivers can provide you general information for each site**.
That is why our tour packages do not include tour guide, in order to be more affordable to our clients.
But you have the below choice in order to have tour guide during your trip.
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany to you
- You can book tour leader accompany to you
- You can book local tour guide in each area
- Sedan like Mercedes E class or Audi A4 for 1 to 3 pax, ( according the availability )
- Mini Van type Mercedes Viano or opel vivaro 4 to 8 pax, ( according the availability )
- Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 9 to 15 pax.
PICKUP & DROP OFF: In case that we meet you at Athens airport or Piraeus port our representative will be waiting holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you minelar water & Tissues.
DRESS ODE: For visits to the monasteries, and museum ladies are required to wear skirts and gentlemen need to be in long trousers.
OPERATION DATES: All year, any time that you wish.
- 8 euro / person for Ancient Corinth
- 8 euro / person in Ancient Agora in Athens
- Children under 19 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
Rates include :
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel or the cruise ship
- Transportation with private car
- English Speaking driver
- All Taxes
Rates do not include :
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites
- Personal expenses