- DAY 1: ATHENS - ARGOLIS: 08.30 pick you up from your Hotel, and driving along the Attica coastline, we visit the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, after a quick stop at the famous Canal of Corinth with the breathtaking view of 80m height and 6km length! Our next stop will be, at one of the most beautiful towns of Greece, Nafplio, with its trademark, the Venetian fortress of Palamidi and the fortified islet of Bourtzi afloat in the middle of the bay. After our stop for lunch or coffee, we will visit the famous ancient town of Mycenae and the Archaeological site - the Lion Gate, the Cyclopean Walls, the Palace and the tomb of Agamemnon. We leave Mycenae to arrive at Ancient Olympia, birthplace of the Olympic Games. Overnight & Dinner in Olympia. Proposed hotel 4* Hotel www.olympionasty.gr
- DAY 2: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - ZAKYNTHOS ISLAND: 09.00pick you up from the hotel to visit the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, the place that first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C., lies in the lush valley formed by the Alfios River. There is a temple of Zeus the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus which in antiquity was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the gold and ivory statue of Zeus, which Phedias had created. Then visit the temple of Hera, the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Finally come to the stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position. Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic centre in Greece. After sightseeing in Olympia, we go ahead to Kyllini Port to take the ferry depart about 15.15 to reach Zakynthos port about 16.15 (after 1 hour). Check in at your hotel and then day at leisure. After your rest you can explore the center of Zakynthos and to have a dinner at a traditional tavernas. Overnight in Zakyntho. Proposed hotel www.palatinohotel.gr
- Day 3: ZAKYNTHOS ISLAND - DAY CRUISE AROUND THE ISLAND: Transfer you to Zakynthos Marina to take the local boat cruise as is one of the best ways to explore the island. The boat cruise depart 09:00 and returns about 17:00. We will visit the Blue Caves and the Shipwreck. We spend 1 1/2 hours here in order to enjoy your swim. Then we will have a photo stop at Porto Vromi, than our boat pulls up next to the Agalas Caves and the Keri Caves A big photo stop includes the Turtle Island. The whole gulf of Laganas and Kalamaki are full of turtles swimming in the seawater.The Turtles are huge but so friendly and you can swim together. Our other major swim stop is in the area of St Nickolas, Basilikos where the boat anchors for about an hour. At the and of teh cruise tour, our driver pick you up and transfer you at "KERI" area to admire the panoramic sunset tour and to have a delicious dinner. Afterall transfer you back to your hotel. TOUR BY CAR IF THE CRUISE CAN'T TAKE PLACE: Pick you up from your hotel to have our first stop at Alykes, where you can see the salt marshes and admire the view to the north western part of the island. We will visit Volimes, one of the oldest villages on the island. There you can buy traditional, handmade embroidery and other products, made by the local women. The peak of this tour is the Shipwreck, the most famous beach of Greece! We will admire the panoramic view of the Shipwreck (Navagio Beach) from the top of a cliff above the bay. Next stop is the village of Maherado, where we visit the church of Saint Mavra. According to tradition, the thaumaturgist picture of Agia Mavra was found from a shepherd hanging from a tree. The shepherd carried it every the morning to his village but every night the picture returned it the tree.The next stop will be at the gulf of Laganas called the Turtle Island. The whole gulf of Laganas are full of turtles swimming in the seawater. The Turtles are huge but so friendly. Maybe we are lucky to see them. Finally we have a traditional lunch in a tavern, with delicious dishes and local wine before our return to your
Overnight in Zakynthos. Proposed hotel www.palatinohotel.gr
- Day 4: ZAKYNTHOS ISLAND - DELPHI - METEORA: After you breakfast we will take the ferry from Zakynthos port depart at 08.00to reach at Kyllini after 1 hour about 09.00 to continue the tour to Delphi. We will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest in Europe, in order to reach at Nafpaktos, a beautiful seaside small town for a short stop to have a coffee admiring the Venetian Castle and the the Venetian Port. After that we will reach at Delphi. We will visit the Ancient Oracle, the Stadium, the Ancient Theatre where could seat more than 5000 spectators and of course the Museum of Delphi, where you can admire the ‘’Charioteer’’, one of the best bronze statues ever! Delphi is perhaps best known for the oracle at the sanctuary that was dedicated to Apollo during the classical period. Afterwards, we can visit and have coffee or lunch, at the most famous winter resort in Greece, Arachova (a traditional and at the same time modern small city in an altitude of 1000 meters)! Depart from Arachova and driving through Central Greece, and the city of Trikala (quick stop), we arrive in Kalambaka, a small traditional town that is built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks of God, at the shadow of the great Meteora Monasteries. Overnight Meteora Proposed hote 4* Hotel http://dellasboutiquehotel.com/
- DAY 5: METEORA - ATHENS: Visit to Meteora enjoying a unique and most impressive scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. We visit the first great monastery of Varlaam, founded on the 16th century and located on the top of a rock at 380m height! Our second visit will be at the Monastery of St. Stephan, of the 15th century, also built on the top of the top of another huge rock where you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items, at the museum inside the monastery! Return to Athens passing by the small towns of Domokos, Kamena Vourla at the seaside and Thermopyles where there is the statue of Leonidas as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. Return in Athens late in the afternoon.
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Ancient Mycenae
- Ancient Olympia
- Zakynthos Islands
- Beach of Shipwreck,
- The blue caves in Zakynthos
- Meteora Monasteries
**The tour is suitable for the whole year. If the cruise on Zakynthos can not take place due to the bad weather conditions or the low season, we can do a similar tour by car. Refer to the description in the program.
**All our drivers can provide you general information for each site**.
That is why our tour packages do not include tour guide, in order to be more affordable to our clients.
But you have the below choice in order to have tour guide during your trip.
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany to you
- You can book local tour guide in each area
- Sedan like Mercedes E class or Audi A4 for 1 to 3 pax, ( according the availability )
- Mini Van type Mercedes Viano or opel vivaro 4 to 8 pax, ( according the availability )
- Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 9 to 15 pax.
ABOUT THE HOTELS:
- Please note that the hotels in our proposed program and the ferry boat times may be changed, depend the time that you will make the booking
IMPOSITION OF A TAX ON ACCOMMODATION IN HOTELS. THE RESIDENCE TAX WILL BE:
- 1,5 euros per room per day for 3-star hotels,
- 3 euros per room per day for 4-star hotels,
- 4 euros per room per day for 5 star hotel
PICKUP & DROP OFF: In case that we meet you at Athens airport or Piraeus port our representative will be waiting holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you minelar water & Tissues.
DRESS ODE: For visits to the monasteries, and museum ladies are required to wear skirts and gentlemen need to be in long trousers.
OPERATION DATES: All year, any time that you wish.
**Please note that, if you wish we can arrange the transfer from/to Athens Airport also your accommodation a day before your tour start and last day in Athens**
Opening hours & Dates for Argoris, Epidaurus, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora:
- Winter: Movember 1 to March 31 - 08.30 untill 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 untill 19.30
- 5 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient corinth & Museum ,
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / persons for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- 8 euro / person for Ancient Corinth
- Children under 19 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
Rates include :
- English Speaking DRIVER
- Transportation with private car or minivan
- Pickup and drop of from your hotel or specific check points
- 4 nights's accommodation in 3*or 4* hotel
- Breakfast Daily
- Ferry tickets from/to Kylini port/Zakynthos port
- Tickets for day Cruise in zakynthos
- Goody Bag with Gifts upon your arrival
- All Taxes
Rates do not include :
- Personal expenses, meals
- Entrance feess
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Hotel City Tax