- DAY 1: ATHENS – THERMOPILES - VLATADES MONASTERY OF ST. PAUL - THESSALONIKI: 08.30 pickup from your hotel, we will have our first stop at about 11.00 at Thermopiles where there is the statue of Leonidas as a memorial the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. We continue to have the second stop at Valley of Tempe at about 14.00. The Vale of Tempe is a gorge in the Tempi municipality of northern Thessaly. The valley is 10 kilometers long and as narrow as 25 meters in places, with cliffs nearly 500 meters high, and through it flows the Pineios River. After that we will arrive at Thessaloniki at about 17.00. After your checking and your rest we will visit the Vlatades Monastery that said that Apostle Paul stopped there to drink some water that's why called “Apostle Paul’s Holy Water", Believers from all over the world worship the space of Holy Water and enjoy the magnificent panoramic view to Thermaikos Gulf & Thessaloniki. In the same area there is also the Orthodox Church of St. Paul. At the end we suggest you to taste the delicious Greek cuisine or to walk at the coast line of the city, the second bigger city of Greece! Overnight in Thessaloniki. Proposed hotel 4* www.capsishotels.gr
- DAY 2: THESSALONIKI - NEA FOKEA - FILIPPOI - KAVALA: 08.30 pick you up from your hotel to visit Saint Demetrius is arguably considered the most important church of Thessaloniki. The temple is a fine sample of Byzantine religious architecture and dated back to the 4th century A.D., Perhaps the most famous and interesting part of the temple, is the underground ancient "Crypt of Saint Demetrius". The crypt was re-discovered after the fire of 1917 and was finally restored as an exhibition/museum in 1988. and then and then we will visit the small town of Nea Fokea, and the ''Agiasma of St. Paul'', that is an underground corridor ends to a chamber where St. Paul was hidden when people of Thessaloniki was running after him. Afterwards, we will reach the town of Kavala and then Filippoi, where St, Paul preached his first evangelical sermon and baptized the first Christians in Europe! Visit the ''Baptismal'' site, where Lydia baptized as the first European woman, and the secret crypt where Paul was prisoned in. Finally, we visit Acropolis of Filippoi, the Anvient Market, Basilica and Theatre Overnight in Kavala, Proposed hotel 4* www.egnatiahotel.gr
- DAY 3: KAVALA – VEROIA – VERGINA- METEORA: 08.30 pick you up from your hotel to visit the beautiful town of Veroia at Northwestern Greece. We visit the church of Apostle Paul and the made of marble ''Vima of Apostle Paul'', the place Paul preached to the people of one of his beloved towns for many days. We continue to the Ancient town of Vergina and to the King's tombs, one of them of Alexander the Great father and ex-king, and we finally arrive at Meteora in Kalambaka. Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora). Proposed hotel www.dellasbutiquehotel.com
- DAY 4: METEORA – DELPHI: 09.00 our driver pick you up from your hotel and we will visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora, that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. Having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (Meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan, which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. We leave from Meteora. At about 13.00 we leave from Meteora to reach in Delphi at to make check in at your hotel and then free time for yourself. You can explore the beautiful traditional winter resort in Greece, called Arachova. Overnight in Arachova (near Delphi). Proposed hotel 4* www.ellinonthea.com
- DAY 5: DELPHI – MONASTERY OF SAINT LOUKAS - ATHENS: 09.00 pick you up from your hotel to visit Castalia Spring, visit at the archaeological site and view the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and Delphi museum, with its spectacular exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts. The next visit will be at the wonderful Byzantine Monastery of St. Loukas. The Monastery of Saint Loukas is an 11th century monastery. This monastery is the epitome of the Byzantine architecture while it is also included in the UNESCO World Heritage list. You will have lunch at the traditional taverna, before to return to Athens late in the afternoon. Overnight in Athens. Proposed hotel 4* www.airotel.gr
- DAY 6: CHRISTIAN TOUR IN ATEHNS & ANCIENT CORINTHOS: 09.00 Our driver pick you up from your hotel in order to have the first visit at the s Acropolis and the "Mars Hill", where Apostle Paul preached the word of the Christian God to the Athenians Philosophers. We continue our tour in Athens, visiting the Ancient Market. The Agora was the heart of Athens in ancient times and the meeting point of St. Paul with the first followers of Christianity in Athens. Of course we will combine the visit at the most important sightseeing of the town, the Panathinaiko stadium, the Parliament, the Presidential Guards, the Trilogy of Athens, etc. We continue our tour to reach in ANCIENT CORINTHOS: After Apostle Paul was expelled from Athens he visited Ancient Corinth which was one of his beloved cities. We will have the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul or Galionas, a large elevated rostrum standing prominently in the centre of the Roman Forum of ancient Corinth and from where the city’s officials addressed the public (probably because of the monument’s connection to Saint Paul, the Bema was transformed into a Christian church during the Byzantine period), and we will walk at the same paths that Apostle of Nations walked and preached hundreds of years earlier. After our visit, we will make a short stop for a cup of coffee and we will return back to Athens. The duration of teh tour is about 8 hours
- Cyti of Thessaloniki
- Vlatades Monastery in Thessaloniki
- The Crypt of Saint Demetrius
- Nea Fokea – ''Agiasma'' St. Paul
- Filippi – ''Baptismal'' site
- City of Kavala
- Veria – ''Vima of Apostle Paul''
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Delphi area & museum
- St. Loukas Monastery
- Anient market in Athens
- Acropolis and ''Mars Hill''
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Corinth & Vima of St. Paul in Corinthos
**All our drivers can provide you with general information for each site**.
That is why our tour packages do not include tour guide, in order to be more affordable to our clients.
But you have the below choice in order to have tour guide during your trip.
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany to you
- You can book local tour guide in each area
- Sedan like Mercedes E class or Audi A4 for 1 to 3 pax, ( according the availability )
- Mini Van type Mercedes Viano or opel vivaro 4 to 8 pax, ( according the availability )
- Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 9 to 15 pax.
PICKUP & DROP OFF: In case that we meet you at Athens airport or Piraeus port our representative will be waiting holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you minelar water & Tissues.
DRESS ODE: For visits to the monasteries, and museum ladies are required to wear skirts and gentlemen need to be in long trousers.
OPERATION DATES: All year, any time that you wish.
**Please note that, if you wish we can arrange the transfer from/to Athens Airport also your accommodation a day before your tour start and last day in Athens**
Opening hours & Dates for Argoris, Epidaurus, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora:
- Winter: Movember 1 to March 31 - 08.30 untill 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 untill 19.30
- 5 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient corinth & Museum ,
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / persons for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- 8 euro / person for Ancient Corinth
- Children under 19 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
Rates include :
- Transportation with Private Car or Minivan
- English Speaking DRIVER
- Pickup & Drop off from/to major hotel or specific check points
- Accommodation in 4* or 3* hotels
- Breakfast Daily
- All taxes
Rates do not include :
- Meals, Personal expenses
- Tour Guide
- Entrance fees