- DAY 1: ATHENS - ARGOLIS -SPARTA: 08.30 pick you up from your hotel and driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height). Soon we reach at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus, one of the best Ancient Theatres worldwide with amazing acoustic. We will stop for lunch or a coffee break, at one of the most romantic towns of Greece, the seaside town of Nafplio, first capital city of Modern Greece, and then we will continue to the archaeological site of Mycenae, an ancient town with great power during the ancient years, with the famous ‘’Gate of Lions’’ and ‘’Atreus King Tomb’’. Our first day will be finished at the famous town of Sparta for overnight. Proposed hotel 4* http://menelaion.gr/en/
- DAY 2: SPARTA - MYSTRAS - MONEMVASIA - SPARTA: During our second day we will first visit the unique Museum of Olive Oil of Sparta, a great Museum showing the unique history of olive production in Greece. We continue to the nearby glory Byzantine town of Mystras and let yourself be captivated by this destination’s medieval splendour. Wander around the castle city the Upper and the Lower Town, and sense through the silence the city's sheer grandeur: the Palace of the Despots (Anaktora), the Houses of Laskaris and Frangopoulos, the beautiful Cathedral of Saint Dimitrios and the impressive Monasteries of Our Lady Pantánassa, and of Οur Lady Perivleptos. Afterwards, we visit the second famous Tower Town of Peloponneses, Monemvasiá,a mystical stone-built settlement, nestled at the edge of a big rock by the sea, that was founded by the Byzantines in the sixth century. Peer into the history of the fortress –the so-called “Gibraltar of the East”–, which was occupied by the Byzantines, the Crusaders, the Venetians, and the Turks in the past. Wander around its narrow cobbled streets, the Upper and the Lower part of the town, and admire the beautifully restored stone buildings. Taste culinary delights at a fine restaurant on the roof of a tower house. Late in the afternoon we return in Sparta for overnight. Proposed hotel 4* http://menelaion.gr/en/
- Day 3: SPARTA - ANCIENT OLYMPIA: After our breakfast, we leave Sparta and after a short stop at the picturesque small coastal town of Gythio, we arrive at Areopolis and Diros, famous for its marvelous subterranean caves as a part of an underground river. About 5,000 meters have been exposed and accessible by small boats and through narrow passageways and one is surrounded by formations of stalagmites and stalactites. Caves have served as places of worship in Paleolithic and Neolithic times and their inhabitant believed that the caves were the entrance to the underworld. We can also visit the local museum and then we continue to some of the most beautiful places of Southern Peloponnese, the coastal villages of Stoupa and Kardamili, for swimming or lunch. We pass by the town of Kalamata and we finally arrive at Ancient Olympia for overnight. Proposed hotel 4* www.olympionasty.gr
- DAY 4: ANCIENT OLYMPIA - DELPHI: Start in the morning, visiting the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia, the place that first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C., lies in the lush valley formed by the Alfios river. There is a temple of Zeus the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece. Dedicated to Zeus which in antiquity was housing one of the 7 wonders of the Ancient world, the gold and ivory statue of Zeus, which Phedias had created. Then visit the temple of Hera , the shrine of Pelops (one of the oldest in the sanctuary), the Council house where the athletes took the Olympic oath, the Treasury houses, the Gymnasium and the Palestra where they used to exercise for a month prior to the Games. Finally come to the stadium, where the marble starting blocks are still in position. Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic centre in Greece. Leaving Ancient Olympia, we will cross over the amazing bridge of Rion – Antirion, one of the biggest in Europe, in order to reach at Nafpaktos, a beautiful seaside small town, where you can visit the Venetian Castle, the Venetian Port, and after lunch we will reach at delphiWe will reach at Delphi for Overnight. Proposed Hotel 4* www.ellinonthea.com/arachova/
- DAY 5: DELPHI - METEORA: After your breakfast, we will visit Castalia Spring, visit at the archaeological site and view the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and Delphi museum, with it's spectacular exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts. Afterwards, we visit the most famous winter resort in Greece, Arachova, a traditional and at the same time modern small city in an altitude of 1000 meters. We continue our trip to reach at Kalambaka (Meteora) for overnight. Proposed hotel http://dellasboutiquehotel.com/
- DAY 6: METEORA - ATHENS: Visit to Meteora enjoying a unique and most impressive scenery of ageless monasteries, containing priceless historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks. We visit the first great monastery of Varlaam, founded on the 16th century and located on the top of a rock at 380m height! Our second visit will be at the Monastery of St. Stephan, of the 15th century, also built on the top of the top of another huge rock where you will admire a small treasure of Byzantine and Christian items, at the museum inside the monastery!Return to Athens passing by the small towns of Domokos, Kamena Vourla at the seaside and Thermopyles where there is the statue of Leonidas as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. Drop you off at your hotel late afternoon.
- Canal of Corinth
- Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus
- Romantic city of Nauplio
- City of Sparta
- City of Gythio
- City of Areopolis
- Diros Caves
- Stoupa and Kardamili villages
- City of Kalamata
- Ancient Olympia
- City of Naupaktos
- Delphi & Delphi Museum
- Arachova Village
- Kalambaka area
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Statue of Leonidas at Thermopyles
**All our drivers, can provide you with general information for each site**.
That is why our tour packages do not include tour guide, in order to be more affordable to our clients.
But you have the below choice in order to have tour guide during your trip.
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany to you
- You can book tour leader accompany to you
- You can book local tour guide in each area
- Sedan like Mercedes E class or Audi A4 for 1 to 3 pax, ( according the availability )
- Mini Van type Mercedes Viano or opel vivaro 4 to 8 pax, ( according the availability )
- Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 9 to 15 pax.
PICKUP & DROP OFF: In case that we meet you at Athens airport or Piraeus port our representative will be waiting holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you minelar water & Tissues.
DRESS ODE: For visits to the monasteries, and museum ladies are required to wear skirts and gentlemen need to be in long trousers.
OPERATION DATES: All year, any time that you wish.
**Please note that, if you wish we can arrange the transfer from/to Athens Airport also your accommodation a day before your tour start and last day in Athens**
Opening hours & Dates for Argoris, Epidaurus, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora:
- Winter: Movember 1 to March 31 - 08.30 untill 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 untill 19.30
- 5 euro / person for Acropolis Museum
- 20 euro / person for Acropolis
- 8 euro / person Ancient corinth & Museum ,
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Epidaurus
- 12 euro / persons for Mycenae & Treasury of Arteus
- 12 euro / person for Ancient Olympia & Museum
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- 8 euro / person for Ancient Corinth
- Children under 19 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
- Transportation with private car or minivan
- English Speaking DRIVER
- Pick up & drop of from your hotel
- 5 Nights Accommodation in 3* or 4*Hotels
- Dailly Breakfast
- All Taxes and Hotels Local Taxes
Rates do not include :
- Personal expenses, meals
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites
- Official Tour Guide
- Hotel City tax