DAY 1: ATHENS - DELPHI - METEORA:
08.30 Pick you up from your Hotel and about 2/5 hours later we will arrive at Delphi area. We will visit the Archaelogical site of Delphi, Castalia Spring, and view the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and Delphi museum. The next our short stop will be at at the traditional winter village of Arachova (at 1000 meters altitude), the best winter resort of Greece that you can buy hand-made pastries, cheeses, psices, and many other local product! or to have lunch at the traditional taverna, before we depart for Meetora. Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora). Proposed hotel www.dellasbutiquehotel.com
DAY 2: METEORA - ATHENS:
09.00 Our driver pick you up form your hotel and we will visit the BYZANTINE MONASTERIES of Meteora, that are included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list.having our first stop at The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoro which is the biggest and oldest one of all. It was called the monastery that was "suspended in the air" (meteoro), because of the formation of the gigantic rock on top of which it was built. Our second visit is to the great monastery of St. Stephan. The Monastery of St. Stephan, which is a small church built in the 16th century and decorated in 1545. This monastery rests on the plain rather than on a cliff. This wonderful tour will be completed at the picturesque villages of Kalambaka, where you will have a traditional Greek lunch! Afterwards, return to Athens with a short stop at Thermopyles where there is the statue of Leonidas as a memorial of the battle of the 300 Spartans against thousands of Persian soldiers of the Persian Empire. Drop you off at your hotel at about 18.30
Are you interested for 2 days Bus Tours In Delphi and Meteora?
Please click hear: Days Tour with shared Bus in Delphi and Meteora
- Delphi Museum
- Temple of Apollo
- Castalia Spring
- Arachova Traditional Village
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Monastery of Varlaam
- Monastery of St. Stephan
- Village of Kastraki
**All our drivers can provide you general information for each site**.
That is why our tour packages do not include tour guide, in order to be more affordable to our clients.
But you have the below choice in order to have tour guide during your trip.
- You can book licensed tour guide accompany to you or
- You can book local tour guide in each area
- Sedan like Mercedes E class or Audi A4 for 1 to 3 pax, ( according the availability )
- Mini Van type Mercedes Viano or opel Vivaro 4 to 8 pax, ( according the availability )
- Mini Bus Mercedes Sprinter 9 to 15 pax.
PICKUP & DROP OFF: In case that we meet you at Athens airport or Piraeus port our representative will be waiting holding a sign with your name written on it, helps you with your baggage, and accompany you at your car, provide you minelar water & Tissues.
DRESS ODE: For visits to the monasteries, and museum ladies are required to wear skirts and gentlemen need to be in long trousers.
OPERATION DATES: All year, any time that you wish.
**Please note that, if you wish we can arrange the transfer from/to Athens Airport also your accommodation a day before your tour start and last day in Athens**
Opening hours & Dates for Delphi
- Winter: Movember 1 to March 31 - 08.30 untill 15.00
- Summer: April 1 to October 31 - 08.00 untill 19.30
- 12 euro / person for Delphi & Museum
- 3 euro / person for each monasteries of Meteora
- Children under 19 years of age are free of charge
- Students from E.U ( ID is required )
RATES INCLUDES :
- Transportation with private car sedan or minivan
- Pick up & Drop of at your hotel or from Athens airport
- English Speaking DRIVER
- 1 Night's accommodation based IN 3* OR 4* hotel
- Breakfast at your hotel
- All taxes
RATES DO NOT INCLUDE :
- Personal expenses & Meals
- Entrance fees at archaeological sites
- Tour Guide